Vietnamese footballer to play for Japanese club
Hanoi: Vietnam striker Le Cong Vinh will play for Japan`s Consadole Sapporo FC from August to December this year under a loan contract signed Tuesday.
Local newspaper Tuoi Tre quoted Nonomura, Consadole Sapporo`s president as saying that he hoped Vinh`s attendance in Japanese club will contribute to cooperation and development of football in both Vietnam and Japan.
Vinh is the top scorer of Song Lam Nghe An FC in V-League 2013 with 14 goals. Along with other players such as Phi Son, Trong Hoang and Bryan, Vinh is hopeful that he can help the club realise its dream of becoming champions this season.
Consadole Sapporo FC was founded in 1935 and currently plays in the second division of J-League.
The two sides did not disclose the amount of money Vinh will receive to play in Japan, however one source revealed that he may be paid $7,000 per month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir