Vietnamese footballer to play for Japanese club
Hanoi: Vietnam striker Le Cong Vinh will play for Japan`s Consadole Sapporo FC from August to December this year under a loan contract signed Tuesday.
Local newspaper Tuoi Tre quoted Nonomura, Consadole Sapporo`s president as saying that he hoped Vinh`s attendance in Japanese club will contribute to cooperation and development of football in both Vietnam and Japan.
Vinh is the top scorer of Song Lam Nghe An FC in V-League 2013 with 14 goals. Along with other players such as Phi Son, Trong Hoang and Bryan, Vinh is hopeful that he can help the club realise its dream of becoming champions this season.
Consadole Sapporo FC was founded in 1935 and currently plays in the second division of J-League.
The two sides did not disclose the amount of money Vinh will receive to play in Japan, however one source revealed that he may be paid $7,000 per month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof