Vilanova`s illness is hard for me:Guardiola
Munich: Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola admits he has found it hard to come to terms with hearing of his former colleague and friend Tito Vilanova`s cancer relapse.
The pair have endured a fractious relationship in the media since the revelation Guardiola had not visited Vilanova while both were in New York.
But Guardiola was keen to show his support for his former assistant coach at Camp Nou, who led Barcelona to the Liga title after succeeding Guardiola in the dugout last season.
"He`s a friend, and I love him so much," the 42-year-old told reporters.
"It`s hard to talk to a friend like Tito in German. I wish the best for him and his family so as to tackle this stage with strength.
"This is very, very hard for me."
Vilanova had been diagnosed with a relapse of parotid gland surgery midway through 2012-13, but appeared to enjoy a turnaround after he made it back to coach Barcelona in the final stages of their campaign.
However, the Catalan club admitted on Friday the trainer would be unable to reprise his duties for the coming season.
The Blaugrana are expected to announce a replacement next week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader