Vilanova surgery went according to plan, state Barcelona
London: The Catalan side have released a statement assuring that the 44-year-old`s operation was successful, adding that `clinical evolution` will determine how long it takes to recover
Barcelona have confirmed that Tito Vilanova`s surgery has gone according to plan.
The Blaugrana coach underwent an operation on Thursday morning after it was announced he had suffered a relapse of a tumour he had last year.
The 44-year-old has now successfully come through the initial procedure, with the club confirming his length of convalescence will now depend on how the situation evolves.
A statement on the club`s official website read: "The operation on Tito Vilanova has been made according to the schedule provided. The clinical duration determine the duration of recovery.
"In response to the patient`s wishes, please respect the privacy and confidentiality of this process.
"Remember that, in the absence of Tito Vilanova, Jordi Roura will sit on the bench for the first team."
Assistant coach Roura will take charge of the team until further notice, beginning with Barcelona`s match with Valladolid on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!