Vilanova surgery went according to plan, state Barcelona
London: The Catalan side have released a statement assuring that the 44-year-old`s operation was successful, adding that `clinical evolution` will determine how long it takes to recover
Barcelona have confirmed that Tito Vilanova`s surgery has gone according to plan.
The Blaugrana coach underwent an operation on Thursday morning after it was announced he had suffered a relapse of a tumour he had last year.
The 44-year-old has now successfully come through the initial procedure, with the club confirming his length of convalescence will now depend on how the situation evolves.
A statement on the club`s official website read: "The operation on Tito Vilanova has been made according to the schedule provided. The clinical duration determine the duration of recovery.
"In response to the patient`s wishes, please respect the privacy and confidentiality of this process.
"Remember that, in the absence of Tito Vilanova, Jordi Roura will sit on the bench for the first team."
Assistant coach Roura will take charge of the team until further notice, beginning with Barcelona`s match with Valladolid on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress