Vilanova to travel with Barcelona squad for Paris Saint-Germain clash
Barcelona: Barcelona have announced that Tito Vilanova will travel to France with the squad for the Blaugrana`s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.
The 44-year-old has been out of action ever since he was diagnosed with cancer in his parotid gland for a second time in December and subsequently travelled to New York a month later to begin chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment following surgery.
However, the Catalan giants have now confirmed that Vilanova will make the trip to Parc des Princes along with the rest of the team, although he is not yet expected to resume his managerial duties.
Vilanova`s assistant Jordi Roura, who has filled in during the coach`s absence, will hold Barca`s press conference prior to the European encounter and should also oversee the side`s pursuit of a first-leg advantage.
Barcelona squad for PSG trip: Valdes, Pinto, Alves, Pique, Cesc, Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Bartra, Busquets, Alba, Montoya, Abidal, Song, Tello, Oier, Deulofeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends