Villa admitted to hospital with abdominal pain
Barcelona: David Villa has been admitted to hospital with an abdominal infection, Barcelona have confirmed.
The Spain international is now unlikely to be involved in Tito Vilanova`s side`s game against Granada on Saturday after being struck down by a renal colic infection.
He was hospitalised on Monday afternoon and will undergo treatment to sort the kidney stone problem.
The Camp Nou club have stated that it is unlikely he will be ready to play in their Liga clash this weekend, though the 31-year-old was unlikely to start having struggled for first team outings so far this season.
Villa has scored five goals in 15 appearances, but has not scored in the Champions League this campaign, with the Blaugrana set to face AC Milan on February 20.
It is not yet clear how long the Spain striker will be absent for, in what is an untimely blow for the player after he scored in the 6-1 win over Granada on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report