Villa admitted to hospital with abdominal pain
Barcelona: David Villa has been admitted to hospital with an abdominal infection, Barcelona have confirmed.
The Spain international is now unlikely to be involved in Tito Vilanova`s side`s game against Granada on Saturday after being struck down by a renal colic infection.
He was hospitalised on Monday afternoon and will undergo treatment to sort the kidney stone problem.
The Camp Nou club have stated that it is unlikely he will be ready to play in their Liga clash this weekend, though the 31-year-old was unlikely to start having struggled for first team outings so far this season.
Villa has scored five goals in 15 appearances, but has not scored in the Champions League this campaign, with the Blaugrana set to face AC Milan on February 20.
It is not yet clear how long the Spain striker will be absent for, in what is an untimely blow for the player after he scored in the 6-1 win over Granada on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery