Villa admitted to hospital with abdominal pain
Barcelona: David Villa has been admitted to hospital with an abdominal infection, Barcelona have confirmed.
The Spain international is now unlikely to be involved in Tito Vilanova`s side`s game against Granada on Saturday after being struck down by a renal colic infection.
He was hospitalised on Monday afternoon and will undergo treatment to sort the kidney stone problem.
The Camp Nou club have stated that it is unlikely he will be ready to play in their Liga clash this weekend, though the 31-year-old was unlikely to start having struggled for first team outings so far this season.
Villa has scored five goals in 15 appearances, but has not scored in the Champions League this campaign, with the Blaugrana set to face AC Milan on February 20.
It is not yet clear how long the Spain striker will be absent for, in what is an untimely blow for the player after he scored in the 6-1 win over Granada on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal