Villa admitted to hospital with abdominal pain
Barcelona: David Villa has been admitted to hospital with an abdominal infection, Barcelona have confirmed.
The Spain international is now unlikely to be involved in Tito Vilanova`s side`s game against Granada on Saturday after being struck down by a renal colic infection.
He was hospitalised on Monday afternoon and will undergo treatment to sort the kidney stone problem.
The Camp Nou club have stated that it is unlikely he will be ready to play in their Liga clash this weekend, though the 31-year-old was unlikely to start having struggled for first team outings so far this season.
Villa has scored five goals in 15 appearances, but has not scored in the Champions League this campaign, with the Blaugrana set to face AC Milan on February 20.
It is not yet clear how long the Spain striker will be absent for, in what is an untimely blow for the player after he scored in the 6-1 win over Granada on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre