Villa admitted to hospital with abdominal pain
Barcelona: David Villa has been admitted to hospital with an abdominal infection, Barcelona have confirmed.
The Spain international is now unlikely to be involved in Tito Vilanova`s side`s game against Granada on Saturday after being struck down by a renal colic infection.
He was hospitalised on Monday afternoon and will undergo treatment to sort the kidney stone problem.
The Camp Nou club have stated that it is unlikely he will be ready to play in their Liga clash this weekend, though the 31-year-old was unlikely to start having struggled for first team outings so far this season.
Villa has scored five goals in 15 appearances, but has not scored in the Champions League this campaign, with the Blaugrana set to face AC Milan on February 20.
It is not yet clear how long the Spain striker will be absent for, in what is an untimely blow for the player after he scored in the 6-1 win over Granada on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway