Villa excited about Barcelona return ahead of new season
David Villa has spoken of his excitement to resume his Barcelona career after a prolonged spell on the treatment table.
The forward suffered a fractured tibia in December during the Club World Cup, and it remains to be seen whether his physical condition will allow him to participate in the Blaugrana`s pre-season friendlies.
Nonetheless, Villa cannot wait for the new campaign to begin as he continues to recover from his injury setback, having already been given the green light to rejoin his team-mates in training.
"I can`t wait for the end of my holidays," said Villa during a visit to his hometown in Asturia.
"I passed the review with the doctors and now I must forget the injury and train with the rest of the team, not separate from them as it was before."
Villa also reflected on Spain`s triumph at Euro 2012, which he missed due to his injury.
"The win was outstanding. Spain achieved what nobody before them had done and we should all be proud of the team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur