Villa excited about Barcelona return ahead of new season
David Villa has spoken of his excitement to resume his Barcelona career after a prolonged spell on the treatment table.
The forward suffered a fractured tibia in December during the Club World Cup, and it remains to be seen whether his physical condition will allow him to participate in the Blaugrana`s pre-season friendlies.
Nonetheless, Villa cannot wait for the new campaign to begin as he continues to recover from his injury setback, having already been given the green light to rejoin his team-mates in training.
"I can`t wait for the end of my holidays," said Villa during a visit to his hometown in Asturia.
"I passed the review with the doctors and now I must forget the injury and train with the rest of the team, not separate from them as it was before."
Villa also reflected on Spain`s triumph at Euro 2012, which he missed due to his injury.
"The win was outstanding. Spain achieved what nobody before them had done and we should all be proud of the team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars