Villa released from hospital after kidney stone treatment
London: The Spain attacker spent a day receiving treatment but could now be available for the Liga match against Granada on Saturday as Tito Vilanova`s side prepare to face AC Milan.
Barcelona striker David Villa has been released from hospital after suffering from kidney stone problems.
The Spain international was admitted to Barcelona Hospital on Monday but has been discharged a day later following treatment.
"David Villa was admitted on Monday to the Hospital of Barcelona, because of a renal colic. The player has been subjected to appropriate treatment to remove kidney stones on Tuesday and has already been discharged from hospital," a statement on the Barcelona website read.
"Villa will rejoin training this Wednesday and could be available for the next game against Granada."
The former Valencia forward has failed to hold down a regular place in Tito Vilanova`s starting XI since making his return from a broken leg, but he could start against Granada on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued