Villarreal sacks coach Molina
Madrid: Spanish Primera Liga side Villarreal Monday sacked coach Jose Molina, the club confirmed.
Molina lost his job as a direct result of Villarreal`s 0-1 defeat away to Levante Sunday. The result left the side fourth from bottom of the Primera Liga table, four points above the relegation zone, although that gap could close should Racing Santander avoid defeat to Espanyol.
Molina stepped down after just 10 games in charge, the former Villarreal B-team coach replaced Juan Carlos Garrido as coach after Garrido was sacked just before Christmas.
However, his 10 games as first team coach have failed to lift Villarreal away from the danger zone and have yielded just two wins, three draws and five defeats. Worryingly for Villarreal the last five matches have seen just one draw and four defeats.
The club is now expected to look for an experienced coach to help them avoid relegation with former Deportivo la Coruna, Celta and Real Sociedad boss, Miguel Angel Lotina the favourite to take charge.
Villarreal`s next game is Wednesday night against Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef