Villas-Boas denies Bale on verge of transfer to Real Madrid
London: Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has said that the only contact the club has had with Real Madrid is to tell them that Welsh striker Gareth Bale is not for sale, even as talks of a world record 100 million pound deal for the striker began to surface.
According to a report, Villas-Boas was also critical of his Real counterpart, Carlo Ancelotti, for making the talks between the two clubs public and continued to maintain that Bale figured heavily in his plans for the coming season.
Although there is a straight cash offer on the table from Real, who are willing to break the transfer record they set when they bought Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United for 80 million pounds in 2009, Spurs chairman Levy is a tough negotiator and he wants to see how much he can squeeze out of Real`s chairman, Florentino Perez, the report said.
It has been made clear that Bale, who was missing as a makeshift Tottenham side lost 5-2 in a friendly at Monaco on Saturday, wishes to leave White Hart Lane and the club`s position is weakened by their inability to offer a player regarded as one of the best in the world Champions League football after they finished fifth last season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know