Villas-Boas denies Bale on verge of transfer to Real Madrid
London: Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has said that the only contact the club has had with Real Madrid is to tell them that Welsh striker Gareth Bale is not for sale, even as talks of a world record 100 million pound deal for the striker began to surface.
According to a report, Villas-Boas was also critical of his Real counterpart, Carlo Ancelotti, for making the talks between the two clubs public and continued to maintain that Bale figured heavily in his plans for the coming season.
Although there is a straight cash offer on the table from Real, who are willing to break the transfer record they set when they bought Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United for 80 million pounds in 2009, Spurs chairman Levy is a tough negotiator and he wants to see how much he can squeeze out of Real`s chairman, Florentino Perez, the report said.
It has been made clear that Bale, who was missing as a makeshift Tottenham side lost 5-2 in a friendly at Monaco on Saturday, wishes to leave White Hart Lane and the club`s position is weakened by their inability to offer a player regarded as one of the best in the world Champions League football after they finished fifth last season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!