Villas-Boas denies Bale on verge of transfer to Real Madrid
London: Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has said that the only contact the club has had with Real Madrid is to tell them that Welsh striker Gareth Bale is not for sale, even as talks of a world record 100 million pound deal for the striker began to surface.
According to a report, Villas-Boas was also critical of his Real counterpart, Carlo Ancelotti, for making the talks between the two clubs public and continued to maintain that Bale figured heavily in his plans for the coming season.
Although there is a straight cash offer on the table from Real, who are willing to break the transfer record they set when they bought Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United for 80 million pounds in 2009, Spurs chairman Levy is a tough negotiator and he wants to see how much he can squeeze out of Real`s chairman, Florentino Perez, the report said.
It has been made clear that Bale, who was missing as a makeshift Tottenham side lost 5-2 in a friendly at Monaco on Saturday, wishes to leave White Hart Lane and the club`s position is weakened by their inability to offer a player regarded as one of the best in the world Champions League football after they finished fifth last season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why