Villas-Boas facing stiff competition from Blanc and Rangnick for Tottenham`s managerial post
London: Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas is in a three-way fight to grab the manager`s post at Tottenham Hotspur.
Villas-Boas is facing sriff competition from former Schalke coach Ralf Rangnick and French coach Laurent Blanc.
All three are expected to speak this week with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who has been in the United States on a private matter. Levy has not met any of the candidates who could succeed former manager Harry Redknapp.
According to The Telegraph, it is understood that the Spurs have not made any direct contact with the three foreign managers.
Sources in France expect Blanc to sign a new contract with the French Football Federation but his representatives have been investigating the possibility of him moving to a EnglishPremier League club. They have contacted Chelsea and the Spurs who appear keen to speak to Blanc.
Rangnick, 53, has been out of work since leaving Schalke last year. He turned down a chance to join West Bromwich Albion.
Villas-Boas reportedly turned down an offer from Valencia and is also being strongly linked with Roma and Liverpool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Umami - the Japanese taste sensation hidden in the Indian palate
- Get on the Dragon Boat to relish traditional dim sums at Delhi’s Yauatcha
- Anushka Sharma's FIRST LOOK from 'Sultan' 'Jag Ghoomeya' female version! SEE inside
- How Brexit will affect Indian IT sector
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?