Villas-Boas rejects offer to coach Sao Paulo
Rio de Janeiro: Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has turned down an offer to coach Brazilian football club Sao Paulo.
The 34-year-old Portuguese was offered a contract by Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista Tuesday after the club`s coaching position was made vacant by the sacking of Emerson Leao.
"I spoke with him today (Tuesday) and he declined the offer to coach the club," Baptista told a source. "He wanted some time to plan things and I do not have time to wait."
Earlier this year Villas-Boas met with Sao Paulo officials during a visit to Brazil and revealed one of his career ambitions was to coach in South America.
Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea in March after just nine months in charge at the English Premier League club, reports said.
In May 2011, he became the youngest manager to win a European competition by leading Porto to the UEFA Europa League title in addition to Portugal`s Primeira Liga and Copa Portuguesa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you