Villas-Boas says he has point to prove with Spurs
London: Andre Villas-Boas feels that with his arrival at Tottenham, he has a point to prove after a disastrous stint with Chelsea. He is convinced he has learned from the mistakes he made while in charge of Chelsea for 259 days.
And after taking training at his new club for the first time last week, their Portuguese chief is confident he has the support of everyone at White Hart Lane.
“I have thought about what happened at Chelsea. You learn by trying, you learn by experience...and you learn by mistakes,” The Sun quoted him, as saying. “I arrive at this club much more prepared and a much better manager than I was before,” he added. “I have to admit to mistakes, which I can put right.
Now, what I want is to compete in the Premier League and put together a squad of players that enables us to win,” he said. Villas-Boas maintains moving to Tottenham is not about getting revenge on Chelsea but getting Spurs to take those final steps to glory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala