Villas-Boas to lose around £11 million if becomes Spurs’ new manager
London: Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas would suffer a loss of around 11 million pounds if he signs up as Tottenham Hotspurs’ new manager, succeeding Harry Redknapp at the north London club.
The Portuguese did not receive a lump sum pay-off when Chelsea fired him last March, just eight months into a three-year contract.
Instead, the Blues agreed to keep paying his 100,000 pounds-a-week salary until he got another job, and he has so far received three months of payments up to the start of July.
But if Villas-Boas takes the White Hart Lane post, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will stop paying him his salary, and the former Porto manager will miss out on another 25 months, worth 10.8 million pounds.
There were even rumours Chelsea had taken the unprecedented step of preventing AVB joining another Premier League rival for at least 12 months, but were rebuffed by the European champions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani