Villas-Boas to lose around £11 million if becomes Spurs’ new manager
London: Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas would suffer a loss of around 11 million pounds if he signs up as Tottenham Hotspurs’ new manager, succeeding Harry Redknapp at the north London club.
The Portuguese did not receive a lump sum pay-off when Chelsea fired him last March, just eight months into a three-year contract.
Instead, the Blues agreed to keep paying his 100,000 pounds-a-week salary until he got another job, and he has so far received three months of payments up to the start of July.
But if Villas-Boas takes the White Hart Lane post, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will stop paying him his salary, and the former Porto manager will miss out on another 25 months, worth 10.8 million pounds.
There were even rumours Chelsea had taken the unprecedented step of preventing AVB joining another Premier League rival for at least 12 months, but were rebuffed by the European champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH