Walcott injury scare for Arsenal
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has flown home from the club`s training camp in Germany after the recurrence of a niggling ankle injury, the club confirmed Wednesday.
Walcott, 22, returned to London for further "investigation" of the injury manager Arsene Wenger said as the Gunners prepare for their season-opening Premier League game against Newcastle next month.
"Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI," Wenger said on Arsenal`s official website.
"It is an ankle injury that comes and goes. We need some more investigation because sometimes he`s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn`t practice anymore."
Wenger also revealed youngster Conor Henderson -- stretchered off in Saturday`s 2-1 win over Cologne -- faced up to six months out after suffering a serious knee injury.
"Conor has a knee injury and it looks as if it is a cruciate. That means unfortunately that he will be out for six months at the very least," Wenger said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, three former CMs may lose NSG security cover: Report
- Universe crowded with black holes predicted
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand