Walcott injury scare for Arsenal
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has flown home from the club`s training camp in Germany after the recurrence of a niggling ankle injury, the club confirmed Wednesday.
Walcott, 22, returned to London for further "investigation" of the injury manager Arsene Wenger said as the Gunners prepare for their season-opening Premier League game against Newcastle next month.
"Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI," Wenger said on Arsenal`s official website.
"It is an ankle injury that comes and goes. We need some more investigation because sometimes he`s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn`t practice anymore."
Wenger also revealed youngster Conor Henderson -- stretchered off in Saturday`s 2-1 win over Cologne -- faced up to six months out after suffering a serious knee injury.
"Conor has a knee injury and it looks as if it is a cruciate. That means unfortunately that he will be out for six months at the very least," Wenger said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore