Walcott to miss England`s World Cup qualifier against Ukraine
London: Theo Walcott will miss England`s World Cup qualifier against Ukraine Tuesday as the Arsenal winger has been left out of the squad due to illness.
The Football Association confirmed that Walcott had returned to Arsenal with an illness which the FA did not specify, Xinhua reports.
"Theo has picked up some sort of virus," England coach Roy Hodgson said. "He was quite violently ill last night."
Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge also missed training Monday due to a stomach ache. And the medical officers hoped he would be fit by the time of the match Tuesday when England will host Ukraine at the Wembley Stadium.
The two sides met in their final group match during the Euro 2012 this summer where England won 1-0, thanks to the solo goal from Manchester United star striker Wayne Rooney.
England enjoyed a flying start in their campaign to qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil with an overwhelming 5-0 opening win against Moldova Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video