Walcott to miss England`s World Cup qualifier against Ukraine
London: Theo Walcott will miss England`s World Cup qualifier against Ukraine Tuesday as the Arsenal winger has been left out of the squad due to illness.
The Football Association confirmed that Walcott had returned to Arsenal with an illness which the FA did not specify, Xinhua reports.
"Theo has picked up some sort of virus," England coach Roy Hodgson said. "He was quite violently ill last night."
Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge also missed training Monday due to a stomach ache. And the medical officers hoped he would be fit by the time of the match Tuesday when England will host Ukraine at the Wembley Stadium.
The two sides met in their final group match during the Euro 2012 this summer where England won 1-0, thanks to the solo goal from Manchester United star striker Wayne Rooney.
England enjoyed a flying start in their campaign to qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil with an overwhelming 5-0 opening win against Moldova Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed