Walcott to miss England`s World Cup qualifier against Ukraine
London: Theo Walcott will miss England`s World Cup qualifier against Ukraine Tuesday as the Arsenal winger has been left out of the squad due to illness.
The Football Association confirmed that Walcott had returned to Arsenal with an illness which the FA did not specify, Xinhua reports.
"Theo has picked up some sort of virus," England coach Roy Hodgson said. "He was quite violently ill last night."
Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge also missed training Monday due to a stomach ache. And the medical officers hoped he would be fit by the time of the match Tuesday when England will host Ukraine at the Wembley Stadium.
The two sides met in their final group match during the Euro 2012 this summer where England won 1-0, thanks to the solo goal from Manchester United star striker Wayne Rooney.
England enjoyed a flying start in their campaign to qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil with an overwhelming 5-0 opening win against Moldova Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH