Wayne Rooney has taken his last penalty for Man Utd: Roy Keane
London: West Ham manager Roy Keane has claimed that Wayne Rooney will never take another penalty for Manchester United because Sir Alex Ferguson will be "fuming" about his latest miss.
Rooney blazed a spot-kick over the bar in Wednesday`s FA Cup win over West Ham, and has missed five of his nine penalties for the club over the last year.
The striker has staggeringly fluffed 10 out of 27 spot-kicks for United since moving to Old Trafford in 2004.
Fergie`s reaction to Rooney`s miss during United`s narrow 1-0 FA Cup win on Wednesday said it all as he turned his head away in disgust.
Keane claims his former team-mate has shown he is not up to taking penalties and expects Ferguson to hand the spot-kick duties to fellow hitman Robin van Persie.
While Keane was typically brutal in his criticism of Rooney, team-mate Ryan Giggs was more sympathetic.
Giggs said he does not see it as a major problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened