Wayne Rooney lashes out at TV commentators
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney hit out at two television commentators for saying he deserved to be sent off during his side`s 2-2 draw at Cardiff City on Sunday.
Sky Sports commentator Martin Tyler and pundit Graeme Souness, the former Liverpool manager, said Rooney was fortunate not to be shown a red card for kicking Jordon Mutch during the early stages of the Premier League game.
Rooney was instead shown a yellow card by referee Neil Swarbrick and went on to score the opening goal for United and set up their second goal, which was scored by Patrice Evra.
Rooney, who deliberately referred to Souness as `Sourness`, said more attention should have been paid to an incident in the second half in which Cardiff midfielder Gary Medel appeared to slap United`s Marouane Fellaini.
"Just watched game back. I agree mine was bad tackle and ref dealt with it. And Martin Tyler didn`t shut up about it all game," Rooney wrote on his official Twitter account.
"Then someone slaps someone in face and he doesn`t speak a word about it. I like Martin but that`s poor from him.
"Sourness (says) the rules are u kick out u should be off. Souness (says) medel gives left hook he`s done his job. Haha brilliant."
Responding to tweets from people querying his spelling of Souness`s name, Rooney added: " `Sourness` was sarcastic, for everyone biting."
Speaking on Sky Sports 1, Souness had said: "He (Rooney) should be off, there`s no argument. Why the ref has given him a yellow card is beyond me.
"I don`t know what Wayne is thinking of. He`s got an exploding head, we know that. That`s just borne out of frustration."
However, Cardiff manager Malky Mackay said he had no qualms with Swarbrick`s handling of the incident and United manager David Moyes said: "I didn`t think it deserved any more than a yellow card."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read