Wayne Rooney slams critics by posting `horror gash` images
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has reportedly hit out at critics who had slammed him for withdrawing from the England squad with a facial injury by revealing two images of injury on his Facebook page.
According to the Mirror, Rooney was accidentally hit in the face by Phil Jones while training and was deemed unfit to play for England this week after medical attention.
Posting two images of the gash on his Facebook page, Rooney stated that as some people seemed to be questioning his commitment to the England squad and the fact that he had to pull out of two games, therefore he posted the images so that those people can see the reason why he would not be able to play.
Rooney further said that there is nothing that he would like more than to be helping his teammates in the World Cup qualifiers.
Supporting Rooney, his England teammate and Arsenal player Theo Walcott said that he has seen the actual injury, which he termed as a `big, big gash, adding that it looks something out of a `horror film`.
Rooney also missed Manchester United`s heated clash with Liverpool on Sunday, a game the champions lost as their bitter rivals went top of the Premier League, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter