London: Wayne Rooney on Monday urged his England teammates to learn from the mistake he had committed by going on a family trip to Las Vegas just before Euro 2012.
England have qualified for the tournament to be held in 2016 and Rooney says last time around he was affected by the holiday in Las Vegas and could not deliver his best.
The 29-year-old was suspended for the first two games of Euro 2012.
"I went on holiday, which I regret. I thought it was no problem and now I know I shouldn't have done it," Rooney was quoted as saying by BBC.
The Manchester United striker converted a dubious penalty in a 6-0 victory against San Marino on Saturday which helped him to equal Bobby Charlton's record of 49 goals in England colours.
Rooney insisted that England's main focus will be to have a good Euro cup campaign and he will talk to coach Roy Hodgson on how to go about their plans.
"Flying so far it takes a while to get over the jet lag. Maybe not having a long break between the season finishing is probably the best thing," said Rooney.
"The senior lads will sit down with the manager and the staff organising the tournament to work out what we can do better."
"I'll certainly get my part right this time."