We can still win La Liga even if we lose against Barcelona: Sergio Ramos
Madrid: Sergio Ramos has insisted that La Liga will not be decided even if Real Madrid lose the upcoming league match away against Barcelona.
The reigning champions currently sit sixth in the league table, trailing their arch-rivals by eight points, but Ramos believes that they have what it takes to get back in the title race in the remainder of the 2012-13 campaign.
"Even if we lose the Clasico, the league will not be decided just yet," Sergio Ramos was quoted as saying by AS.
"Obviously, 11 points would be a lot. However, there have been bigger gaps in the past that were still overturned.
"We have to focus on the Champions League [game versus Ajax] now. After that, there will be time to think about the game at Camp Nou."
The former Sevilla defender featured at right-back in Madrid`s 5-1 win over Deportivo on Sunday, but he made it clear that he prefers to play at centre-back.
"I think I played on the right because the coach wanted to rest our right-back. I prefer the position of centre-back. I feel very comfortable in the centre of the pitch. It will not be a problem for me, though, if the coach wants to play me at right-back more often."
Real Madrid lock horns with Ajax at the Amsterdam Arena on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now