We can still win La Liga even if we lose against Barcelona: Sergio Ramos
Madrid: Sergio Ramos has insisted that La Liga will not be decided even if Real Madrid lose the upcoming league match away against Barcelona.
The reigning champions currently sit sixth in the league table, trailing their arch-rivals by eight points, but Ramos believes that they have what it takes to get back in the title race in the remainder of the 2012-13 campaign.
"Even if we lose the Clasico, the league will not be decided just yet," Sergio Ramos was quoted as saying by AS.
"Obviously, 11 points would be a lot. However, there have been bigger gaps in the past that were still overturned.
"We have to focus on the Champions League [game versus Ajax] now. After that, there will be time to think about the game at Camp Nou."
The former Sevilla defender featured at right-back in Madrid`s 5-1 win over Deportivo on Sunday, but he made it clear that he prefers to play at centre-back.
"I think I played on the right because the coach wanted to rest our right-back. I prefer the position of centre-back. I feel very comfortable in the centre of the pitch. It will not be a problem for me, though, if the coach wants to play me at right-back more often."
Real Madrid lock horns with Ajax at the Amsterdam Arena on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah