We could have scored ten goals: Koevermans
Yangon: Indian football coach Wim Koevermans was confidence personified after the national team`s 4-0 drubbing of Guam in the AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers here on Monday and said they could have scored more than 10 goals.
"We could have scored more goals but it was Guam who had the first chance of the match when one of their shots hit the post and went out. That was a wake-up call for us," Koevermans said.
"But after that, we took control and there was hardly any threat from our opponents. If you look back at the chances which we created, we could have scored more than 10 goals. But that`s football," the Dutchman added.
Skipper Sunil Chhetri found the target twice (49th and 91st) as a dominating India thrashed Guam for their second win in as many matches in tournament. The other goals were scored by Clifford Miranda (68th) and Jewel Raja (80th), at the Youth Training Centre.
"We had aimed for three points and we have achieved it," the chief coach said.
Referring to a question whether India can beat Myanmar, Koevermans quipped: "We are here to win. I feel every team is here to win too. It will be an interesting match for sure. But we have beaten higher-ranked teams in the recent past and we take inspiration from that."
India beat Chinese Taipei 2-1 in their opening fixture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured