We don`t have Messi, but we have Balotelli: Milan CEO
Milan: AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has hailed the impact of new signing Mario Balotelli, and believes the team`s attack is comparable to that of Barcelona.
The 22-year-old wasted no time in announcing himself at San Siro following his move from Manchester City last month, scoring both goals on his debut in the 2-1 win over Udinese on Sunday.
And Galliani believes the future is bright for the Rossoneri, thanks in part to their young forward line of Balotelli, Mbaye Niang and Stephan El Shaarawy.
"He is a big-time player and he started after [Giampaolo] Pazzini got injured; football is strange," he told the club`s official website.
"Balotelli`s two goals were a sign of fate and he could have scored after 35 seconds. I didn`t see the second goal because I was in the dressing room.
"President [Silvio] Berlusconi spoke to the players and was very pleased. Our attack has a combined age of 60 and for the next ten years I can rest easy. We have picked up 33 points in the last 15 games.
"We don`t have [Lionel] Messi but we have Balotelli. This attack reminds me of Barcelona and we will see the benefit in terms of sponsors because he is only 22 and he has great potential."
Coach Massimiliano Allegri warned against putting too much pressure on Balotelli, but echoed Galliani`s hopes for the future of the club, claiming that the former Inter man can reach his full potential now he is back in Italy.
"Balotelli played the full match and has settled in immediately," he said. "I think there is too much pressure on him from the media and at 22 he is developing.
"He has extraordinary technical and physical qualities. He can reach his full potential at Milan.
"I am lucky to coach this side, after the revolution this summer, Galliani has proven to be one of the best [general] managers in the world, and with the availability of the president, he has created a team that will do well in the future not only in Italy but also in Europe."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India