We knew we could trouble Barcelona: Ribery
Barlin: Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery says his side knew they had strikers who could trouble Barcelona, after their shock 4-0 victory over the four-time Champions League winners.
A brace from Thomas Muller and goals from Arjen Robben and Mario Gomez sealed a resounding victory for the German champions as they condemned Barcelona to their heaviest away defeat in Europe.
"To get such a result we knew we had to run a lot as a team," Ribery told Canal + afer the match.
"Apart from that, we knew we had the strikers who could score. We`re very happy.
"There is another game to play, but I think we performed well tonight."
Die Roten travel to Camp Nou on May 1 for the second leg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone
- Trupti Desai seeks God's blessing ahead of Bombay HC verdict on women's entry in Haji Ali Dargah case
- I feel proud of Priyanka, Deepika: Anushka Sharma
- Euro 2016: Spain set for duel against Italy; England eye quarters vs Iceland
- Myanmar national held for smuggling heroin