We knew we could trouble Barcelona: Ribery
Barlin: Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery says his side knew they had strikers who could trouble Barcelona, after their shock 4-0 victory over the four-time Champions League winners.
A brace from Thomas Muller and goals from Arjen Robben and Mario Gomez sealed a resounding victory for the German champions as they condemned Barcelona to their heaviest away defeat in Europe.
"To get such a result we knew we had to run a lot as a team," Ribery told Canal + afer the match.
"Apart from that, we knew we had the strikers who could score. We`re very happy.
"There is another game to play, but I think we performed well tonight."
Die Roten travel to Camp Nou on May 1 for the second leg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'