Wenger concerned with Arsenal fans booing ‘contract rebel’ Walcott
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has urged fans to stop booing Theo Walcott, who is yet to sign a new contract with the Gunners, and was jeered when he came on during Saturday’s 6-1 win over Southampton.
Walcott, who will be a free agent next summer, completed the scoring although he could remain on the bench for tonight’s Champions League opener at Montpellier.
“It is a worry. You want your players to be supported no matter what contractual situation they are in. I hope it does not affect me or his fans. I hope to extend his contract so, at the moment, it does not affect me,” a daily quoted Wenger, as saying.
“I hope to extend his contract so, at the moment, it does not affect me,” he added.
Walcott, wanted by Chelsea and Liverpool, has turned down an offer from Arsenal worth 75,000 pounds a week but he is understood to be keen to stay.
Wenger added: “Theo is 23 and has gone through a lot. A lot of positives and a lot of negatives.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi