Wenger eyes £3m move Salomon Kalou: Report
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made a £3 million enquiry for Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou, according to the Daily Mail.
Wenger is reportedly looking to strengthen his attacking options, with Andrey Arshavin and Marouane Chamakh attracting widespread criticism for their performances this season and Park Chu-Young failing to make an impact since arriving from Monaco in the summer.
The Gunners boss is believed to be a long-time admirer of Kalou, having reportedly tried to sign him in the summer of 2008, and with the Ivorian now out of favour and struggling to agree terms on a new contract at Stamford Bridge, he may be ready to make another move.
The one potential stumbling block to any deal, however, could well be the player’s wage demands. Kalou is thought to be holding out for £90,000 a week – money it appears neither Chelsea nor Arsenal are willing to pay him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets