Wenger gears up to battle PSG, Bayern, Chelsea for `unsettled` Rooney
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hinted that he may be making a sensational summer swoop for wantaway Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, who is said to be unsettled at the Old Trafford and had also handed a transfer request.
Although Rooney will discuss out his future with new Red Devils boss David Moyes in the coming weeks, but Wenger is ready to pounce and could battle Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich for the England forward should he be put up for sale.
The Frenchman, who has been handed 100 million pounds to splurge on new players, has said that since Rooney could be an interesting player for everybody in the world, no one, including himself, would want to turn him down, if he is put up for sale.
Stating that Moyes` first challenge in United will be to bridge the gap between him and Rooney, Wenger said that the feasibility of the exercise depends on the new Old Trafford boss` personality, adding that it will be interesting to see how that situation will be handled.
Meanwhile, Wenger has also expressed his desire to bring former captain Cesc Fabregas to Arsenal, saying that the Spaniard is unsettled at Barcelona as he is lacking the confidence of being a regular player, adding that he could move on this transfer window.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured