Wenger plays down talks of `potential` move for `unsettled` Fulham striker Berbatov
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reportedly downplayed talks of a potential move for Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Wenger has strongly been linked with a deal for Berbatov in recent weeks, with the player unsettled at Craven Cottage.
However, Metro.co.uk reports that although Berbatov hinting at the switch on his Facebook page, Wenger said that Arsenal is not chasing the 34-year-old at present.
Arsenal is currently short of attacking options with Olivier Giroud missing, while Nicklas Bendtner is also facing a spell on the sidelines with an ankle problem, although Wenger said that he is not sure whether he will invest in another forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur