Wenger rules out Henry loan return to Arsenal
London: Arsene Wenger has ruled out the possibility of bringing Thierry Henry back for a third spell at Arsenal.
Henry, now with New York Red Bulls, returned to the Gunners on loan in January during the MLS off-season, scoring two goals in seven appearances.
The 35-year-old`s decision to train with his former club had led to talk of another possible loan stint in the New Year, but Wenger believes his squad already possesses sufficient attacking options.
"Those who scored today are [Theo] Walcott and [Olivier] Giroud, that proves we already have two good strikers at the club," the Gunners` boss told Canal+ following his side`s 7-3 victory over Newcastle on Saturday.
"We will not take the risk of bringing him back for a third time.
"I think that it [the loan move for Henry] will not be done. Because he`s just got back from vacation. He will need three to four weeks to get in shape. He had a long season too."
Henry established himself as an Arsenal legend during eight hugely successful years in north London between 1999 and 2007, and remains the club`s all-time top scorer with 228 goals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata