Wenger says ‘nervous’ Barca not as ‘unstoppable’ as believed
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reckoned that Barcelona are not as unstoppable as widely believed and Chelsea can pull off the Champions League shock.
“It is far from impossible for Chelsea to go through this game. The Barcelona we saw the other night was not the Barcelona of last year and Chelsea go to the Nou Camp in a better position than we did,” The Sun quoted Wenger, as saying.
“One-nil is a fantastic result and if Chelsea can score another goal on Tuesday that would be a massive blow to Barcelona. When we scored a lucky goal there last year I could see they suddenly became very nervous,” he added.
His statement came ahead of the Chelsea’s clash with Barcelona.
Wenger also said Chelsea will start afresh despite their recent schedule of three major matches in six days.
“Chelsea were able to rest eight players against us but Barca had to play their full team on Saturday against Real Madrid. Lionel Messi looks a bit tired. He is still dangerous but Chelsea managed to block a few of his shots the other night when usually he has such a short backlift that makes it difficult to do that,” he said.
“That means he is not as sharp as he was before so if Chelsea defend like they did in the first leg they have a chance,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row