Wenger says ‘nervous’ Barca not as ‘unstoppable’ as believed
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reckoned that Barcelona are not as unstoppable as widely believed and Chelsea can pull off the Champions League shock.
“It is far from impossible for Chelsea to go through this game. The Barcelona we saw the other night was not the Barcelona of last year and Chelsea go to the Nou Camp in a better position than we did,” The Sun quoted Wenger, as saying.
“One-nil is a fantastic result and if Chelsea can score another goal on Tuesday that would be a massive blow to Barcelona. When we scored a lucky goal there last year I could see they suddenly became very nervous,” he added.
His statement came ahead of the Chelsea’s clash with Barcelona.
Wenger also said Chelsea will start afresh despite their recent schedule of three major matches in six days.
“Chelsea were able to rest eight players against us but Barca had to play their full team on Saturday against Real Madrid. Lionel Messi looks a bit tired. He is still dangerous but Chelsea managed to block a few of his shots the other night when usually he has such a short backlift that makes it difficult to do that,” he said.
“That means he is not as sharp as he was before so if Chelsea defend like they did in the first leg they have a chance,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!