Wenger set for new 15-mln-pound Arsenal contract

Last Updated: Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 14:04

London: Premier League club Arsenal will re-open contract talks with boss Arsene Wenger for a 15-mln-pound deal, and he will have 40 million pounds to spend in the January transfer window looking for a top-class striker.

According to the Mirror, having smashed the club`s transfer record to sign Mesut Ozil for 42.4 million pounds last week, Arsenal`s priority is to now secure the future of Wenger.

Arsenal fan groups had released statements calling for 63-year-old Wenger`s contract to be put on the back burner after the opening-day defeat against Aston Villa, the report said.

However, owner Stan Kroenke and chief executive Ivan Gazidis have taken the Ozil signing as further proof that Wenger deserves a new deal, the report added.

Meanwhile, Wenger failed with bids for Luis Suarez and Wayne Rooney this summer, and saw Chelsea pull the plug on his bid to take Demba Ba on loan, the report further said.

ANI



First Published: Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 14:04

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus