Wenger sets his sights on German targets for future Arsenal signings
London: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to add to his collection of Germans by raiding the Bundesliga for another midfielder, and has told his scouts to keep tabs on long-term targets Ilkay Gundogan of Borussia Dortmund and Lars Bender of Bayer Leverkusen.
According to the Mirror, the Gunners are looking to strengthen their midfield, with a more defensive-minded player still on the wish list.
Arsenal bought Germany playmaker Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid for 42 million pounds on Monday.
The 24-year-old will link up with his countrymen Lukas Podolski, Per Mertesacker, Serge Gnabry, Gedion Zelalem and Thomas Eisfeld among the German contingent at the Emirates, the report said.
Although the Gunners will also keep tabs on Schalke`s Julian Draxler and Gundogan`s Dortmund team-mate Marco Reus, they are no longer priorities now the Ozil deal has been done, the report added.
Arsenal are also interested in Barcelona right-back Martin Montoya, 22, who is set to be a free agent next summer, and there is still cash to spend for a top striker, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested