Wenger to consider future at end of season
Paris: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will think about his future at the Premier League club at the end of the season, L`Equipe Magazine reported on Saturday.
Asked by the magazine if he would still be with the north London club next season, the 62-year-old Frenchman replied: "I will consider it at the end of the season. I have two years left on my contract.
"But with me or someone else, it makes no difference. Who comes after me must have the basics to achieve success."
Wenger arrived at the club in 1996 and won the 1998, 2002 and 2004 Premier League titles. Success has subsequently become elusive and he lost two leading players in Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri to Manchester City in the close season,
After struggling at the start of the season, Arsenal have now climbed to seventh place.
"We`ll see in December where we can finish. It was necessary to reconstruct the squad in a climate where we were lacking confidence," he said. "It takes time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued