Wenger to sign new contract keeping him at Arsenal until 2017
London: Arsene Wenger is set to sign a new Arsenal contract next month keeping him at the club until 2017, according to reports.
According to the Mirror, despite yesterday`s stunning 6-3 defeat at Manuel Pellegrini `s rampaging Manchester City, Wenger has agreed a deal that will keep him at The Emirates for four more years.
The offer has been on the table for more than a month, the report said.
Wenger, who joined Arsenal from Nagoya Grampus Eight in 1996, has not signed it yet as he has been concentrating on Arsenal`s Premier League campaign, the report added.
The Gunners still top the table although yesterday`s dramatic defeat at the Etihad was a serious blow, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!