Wenger to sign new contract keeping him at Arsenal until 2017
London: Arsene Wenger is set to sign a new Arsenal contract next month keeping him at the club until 2017, according to reports.
According to the Mirror, despite yesterday`s stunning 6-3 defeat at Manuel Pellegrini `s rampaging Manchester City, Wenger has agreed a deal that will keep him at The Emirates for four more years.
The offer has been on the table for more than a month, the report said.
Wenger, who joined Arsenal from Nagoya Grampus Eight in 1996, has not signed it yet as he has been concentrating on Arsenal`s Premier League campaign, the report added.
The Gunners still top the table although yesterday`s dramatic defeat at the Etihad was a serious blow, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened