Wenger to sign new contract keeping him at Arsenal until 2017
London: Arsene Wenger is set to sign a new Arsenal contract next month keeping him at the club until 2017, according to reports.
According to the Mirror, despite yesterday`s stunning 6-3 defeat at Manuel Pellegrini `s rampaging Manchester City, Wenger has agreed a deal that will keep him at The Emirates for four more years.
The offer has been on the table for more than a month, the report said.
Wenger, who joined Arsenal from Nagoya Grampus Eight in 1996, has not signed it yet as he has been concentrating on Arsenal`s Premier League campaign, the report added.
The Gunners still top the table although yesterday`s dramatic defeat at the Etihad was a serious blow, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire