Wenger warns Champions League failure ‘massive wake-up call’ for English football
London: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has warned that the failure of all four of the English clubs competing in the Champions League, to reach the quarter-finals of the competition was ‘a massive wake-up call’ for the Premier League.
Wenger said that was it was a massive wake-up call for English football because, it was the first time in 17 years that English teams would not be around in the closing stages of the competition.
Wenger’s Arsenal team won 2-0 at the Allianz Arena, shocking Bayern Munich who suffered only their third defeat of their season.
According to the Independent, Wenger said he was “proud” of his team’s performance, but added that he was as well very disappointed for everybody that follows Arsenal that his team didn’t get the third goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss