Wenger warns Champions League failure ‘massive wake-up call’ for English football
London: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has warned that the failure of all four of the English clubs competing in the Champions League, to reach the quarter-finals of the competition was ‘a massive wake-up call’ for the Premier League.
Wenger said that was it was a massive wake-up call for English football because, it was the first time in 17 years that English teams would not be around in the closing stages of the competition.
Wenger’s Arsenal team won 2-0 at the Allianz Arena, shocking Bayern Munich who suffered only their third defeat of their season.
According to the Independent, Wenger said he was “proud” of his team’s performance, but added that he was as well very disappointed for everybody that follows Arsenal that his team didn’t get the third goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog