Wenger warns Champions League failure ‘massive wake-up call’ for English football
London: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has warned that the failure of all four of the English clubs competing in the Champions League, to reach the quarter-finals of the competition was ‘a massive wake-up call’ for the Premier League.
Wenger said that was it was a massive wake-up call for English football because, it was the first time in 17 years that English teams would not be around in the closing stages of the competition.
Wenger’s Arsenal team won 2-0 at the Allianz Arena, shocking Bayern Munich who suffered only their third defeat of their season.
According to the Independent, Wenger said he was “proud” of his team’s performance, but added that he was as well very disappointed for everybody that follows Arsenal that his team didn’t get the third goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman