Wenger warns Champions League failure ‘massive wake-up call’ for English football
London: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has warned that the failure of all four of the English clubs competing in the Champions League, to reach the quarter-finals of the competition was ‘a massive wake-up call’ for the Premier League.
Wenger said that was it was a massive wake-up call for English football because, it was the first time in 17 years that English teams would not be around in the closing stages of the competition.
Wenger’s Arsenal team won 2-0 at the Allianz Arena, shocking Bayern Munich who suffered only their third defeat of their season.
According to the Independent, Wenger said he was “proud” of his team’s performance, but added that he was as well very disappointed for everybody that follows Arsenal that his team didn’t get the third goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes