Wesley Sneijder accepts Galatasaray terms
Istanbul: Galatasaray have confirmed that Wesley Sneijder has agreed terms with the club ahead of a move from Inter.
The Dutchman has been frozen out of Andrea Stramaccioni`s side since September thanks to a dispute over pay, and the Istanbul giants confirmed that they were interested in signing him early in January.
A fee was swiftly agreed with the Nerazzurri over a transfer of the former Real Madrid man to the Turk Telekom Arena, but the player stalled over accepting their offer.
Liverpool were also in the hunt for Sneijder but the player has elected to continue his career in Turkey.
"The club have reached agreements with both Inter and Wesley Sneijder over a transfer," an official statement read.
"The conditions of the agreement will be announced when the player has passed medical checks. In addition, we will announce his time of arrival."
Sneijder, who will join the Turkish club once a medical has been completed, said that he is really looking forward to leaving San Siro to play under coach Fatih Terim, and hopes that he will be able to sign before their fixture on Sunday January 27 against Besiktas.
Speaking to Galatasaray.com, he said: "I`m very excited, I`m anticipating the day when I will wear the Galatasaray t-shirt. I know how much Turkish people are attached to football.
"I heard so many things about Fatih Terim. I know his career in Italy. It will be nice to work together.
"I feel great about the move [and] I want to play against Besiktas. I`m planning to learn Turkish as soon as possible."
Galatasaray are currently top of the Super Lig, two points clear of second-placed Besiktas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp