Wesley Sneijder accepts Galatasaray terms
Istanbul: Galatasaray have confirmed that Wesley Sneijder has agreed terms with the club ahead of a move from Inter.
The Dutchman has been frozen out of Andrea Stramaccioni`s side since September thanks to a dispute over pay, and the Istanbul giants confirmed that they were interested in signing him early in January.
A fee was swiftly agreed with the Nerazzurri over a transfer of the former Real Madrid man to the Turk Telekom Arena, but the player stalled over accepting their offer.
Liverpool were also in the hunt for Sneijder but the player has elected to continue his career in Turkey.
"The club have reached agreements with both Inter and Wesley Sneijder over a transfer," an official statement read.
"The conditions of the agreement will be announced when the player has passed medical checks. In addition, we will announce his time of arrival."
Sneijder, who will join the Turkish club once a medical has been completed, said that he is really looking forward to leaving San Siro to play under coach Fatih Terim, and hopes that he will be able to sign before their fixture on Sunday January 27 against Besiktas.
Speaking to Galatasaray.com, he said: "I`m very excited, I`m anticipating the day when I will wear the Galatasaray t-shirt. I know how much Turkish people are attached to football.
"I heard so many things about Fatih Terim. I know his career in Italy. It will be nice to work together.
"I feel great about the move [and] I want to play against Besiktas. I`m planning to learn Turkish as soon as possible."
Galatasaray are currently top of the Super Lig, two points clear of second-placed Besiktas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video