Wesley Sneijder to be rested for Super Lig tie
Turkey: Wesley Sneijder is set to miss this weekend’s Super Lig clash for Galatasaray against city rivals Istanbul BSK because of a groin injury.
The Netherlands midfielder picked up the knock whilst on international duty, and was substituted after 35 minutes in the Oranje’s Group D win over Estonia last Friday.
With the 28-year-old sidelined, the task of filling the gap will either fall to Emre Colak or Nordin Amrabat.
There is also concern that Sneijder will miss the crucial first-leg tie against Real Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday.
And head coach Fatih Terim appears not to be taking any chances by resting Sneijder in the hope that he will be fit to feature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive