Wesley Sneijder to be rested for Super Lig tie
Turkey: Wesley Sneijder is set to miss this weekend’s Super Lig clash for Galatasaray against city rivals Istanbul BSK because of a groin injury.
The Netherlands midfielder picked up the knock whilst on international duty, and was substituted after 35 minutes in the Oranje’s Group D win over Estonia last Friday.
With the 28-year-old sidelined, the task of filling the gap will either fall to Emre Colak or Nordin Amrabat.
There is also concern that Sneijder will miss the crucial first-leg tie against Real Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday.
And head coach Fatih Terim appears not to be taking any chances by resting Sneijder in the hope that he will be fit to feature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought