Wesley Sneijder to be rested for Super Lig tie
Turkey: Wesley Sneijder is set to miss this weekend’s Super Lig clash for Galatasaray against city rivals Istanbul BSK because of a groin injury.
The Netherlands midfielder picked up the knock whilst on international duty, and was substituted after 35 minutes in the Oranje’s Group D win over Estonia last Friday.
With the 28-year-old sidelined, the task of filling the gap will either fall to Emre Colak or Nordin Amrabat.
There is also concern that Sneijder will miss the crucial first-leg tie against Real Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday.
And head coach Fatih Terim appears not to be taking any chances by resting Sneijder in the hope that he will be fit to feature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi