West Bengal Football Academy inaugurated
Barasat: West Bengal Sports minister Madan Mitra today inaugurated the West Bengal State Football Academy, the first of its kind facility set up by a state government in India.
The academy was set up at the Vivekananda stadium in Khardah in North 24 Parganas district.
Speaking on the occasion Mitra said the state government would spend Rs.10 crore for the development of the academy and setting up a world class sports complex at the Vivekananda stadium.
Forty players in the age group of 13-15 years were selected to undergo training at the academy for the next three years.
Former footballers P K Banerjee, Chunni Goswami, Subhas Bhowmick, Shyam Thapa, Syed Nayemuddin were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- IRNSS-1G launch: PM Modi lauds ISRO, says it's a great gift to people of India from scientists
- SHOCKING VIDEO: OMG! This bowler was almost killed after being hit on face by ball...
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people
- After Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, India cancels visa of Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress