West Brom`s Brunt out for up to six weeks
London: West Bromwich Albion captain Chris Brunt will be unavailable for around five to six weeks because of a knee injury, the relegation-threatened Premier League club announced on Wednesday.
The Northern Ireland midfielder, 29, was forced off in the 65th minute of his side`s 3-0 loss at home to Manchester United in the league on Saturday and subsequent scans revealed medial ligament damage.
"Albion have been dealt a blow with Chris Brunt being ruled out for five to six weeks due to a knee injury," read a statement on the club website.
West Brom are currently in 17th place in the Premier League table, above the relegation zone on goal difference alone, and visit Swansea City on Saturday.
Midfielder Claudio Yacob (hamstring) and right-back Steven Reid (knee), both of whom also had to come off against United due to injury, are doubts for the trip to the Liberty Stadium.
The club have also revealed that centre-back Diego Lugano will be out for up to four weeks after sustaining medial ligament damage while on international duty with Uruguay last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur