West Brom`s Brunt out for up to six weeks
London: West Bromwich Albion captain Chris Brunt will be unavailable for around five to six weeks because of a knee injury, the relegation-threatened Premier League club announced on Wednesday.
The Northern Ireland midfielder, 29, was forced off in the 65th minute of his side`s 3-0 loss at home to Manchester United in the league on Saturday and subsequent scans revealed medial ligament damage.
"Albion have been dealt a blow with Chris Brunt being ruled out for five to six weeks due to a knee injury," read a statement on the club website.
West Brom are currently in 17th place in the Premier League table, above the relegation zone on goal difference alone, and visit Swansea City on Saturday.
Midfielder Claudio Yacob (hamstring) and right-back Steven Reid (knee), both of whom also had to come off against United due to injury, are doubts for the trip to the Liberty Stadium.
The club have also revealed that centre-back Diego Lugano will be out for up to four weeks after sustaining medial ligament damage while on international duty with Uruguay last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional