West Brom`s Brunt out for up to six weeks
London: West Bromwich Albion captain Chris Brunt will be unavailable for around five to six weeks because of a knee injury, the relegation-threatened Premier League club announced on Wednesday.
The Northern Ireland midfielder, 29, was forced off in the 65th minute of his side`s 3-0 loss at home to Manchester United in the league on Saturday and subsequent scans revealed medial ligament damage.
"Albion have been dealt a blow with Chris Brunt being ruled out for five to six weeks due to a knee injury," read a statement on the club website.
West Brom are currently in 17th place in the Premier League table, above the relegation zone on goal difference alone, and visit Swansea City on Saturday.
Midfielder Claudio Yacob (hamstring) and right-back Steven Reid (knee), both of whom also had to come off against United due to injury, are doubts for the trip to the Liberty Stadium.
The club have also revealed that centre-back Diego Lugano will be out for up to four weeks after sustaining medial ligament damage while on international duty with Uruguay last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report