West Ham`s Ravel Morrison charged with assault
London: West Ham United midfielder Ravel Morrison has been charged with assaulting two women, British police revealed on Thursday.
The 21-year-old former Manchester United player is accused of attacking a young woman outside a Manchester bar in the early hours of Sunday morning, before assaulting the same woman and another older woman hours later.
"Ravel Morrison, of Urmston, is charged with two common assaults," said a spokeswoman from Greater Manchester Police.
England Under-21 international Morrison, who was arrested on Wednesday, was due to appear before Manchester and Salford Magistrates` Court later on Thursday.
The police spokeswoman added: "At about 3.20am (0220 GMT) on Sunday, July 27 2014, police were called to an address on Alexandra Road, Peel Green, Salford, following reports a 19-year-old woman and a 39-year-old woman had been assaulted.
"Officers attended and established the young woman had also been assaulted outside a bar in Manchester city centre earlier that evening and a 21-year-old man was subsequently arrested at a later date."
Morrison was tipped for stardom after progressing through Manchester United`s youth ranks, but disciplinary issues prompted former manager Alex Ferguson to sell him to West Ham for £650,000 ($1.1 million, 820,000 euros) in January 2012.
After a bright start to his West Ham career, Morrison was sent out on loan to Birmingham City and Queens Park Rangers, where he spent the second half of last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened