West Ham`s Ravel Morrison has a ``problem``, says QPR`s Redknapp
LONDON: If West Ham United`s Ravel Morrison did not have a "problem" he would not be moving to Queens Park Rangers, the second tier club`s manager Harry Redknapp said on Friday.
Morrison, a former Manchester United trainee, is next week set to complete a surprise loan move to QPR for the rest of the season after falling out of favour at West Ham where he made a superb start to the campaign.
The 21-year-old was touted by many for an England call-up after scoring three goals in 12 Premier League starts, including a classy solo effort against Tottenham Hotspur in October.
His last Premier League start was against Manchester United in December, however, amid media reports of a clash with manager Sam Allardyce.
"If he didn`t have a problem somewhere he wouldn`t be here, he would still be playing at Manchester United. He has that talent," Redknapp told reporters.
"It`s the chance you take. Somewhere in life you have got to take a chance and take a gamble. Sometimes they come off and sometimes they don`t."
Morrison left Manchester United in January 2012 to join West Ham.
The Premier League champions` then manager Alex Ferguson was quoted as saying: "A brilliant footballer. Brilliant ability. Top-class ability. Needs to get away from Manchester and start a new life."
Redknapp feels Morrison could provide QPR with a creative boost as they bid to make an immediate return to the top flight.
"We need someone who can unlock the door," he said.
"I`ve always had someone in my teams who can change a game. I had (Paolo) Di Canio (at West Ham) and (Paul) Merson at Portsmouth. I`ve had someone special who can turn a game for you...
"It is a gamble for us. He has got baggage or something else."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead