West Ham wants ‘out of favour’ Man U striker Berbatov on loan
London: Newly promoted West Ham United would try to sign Manchester United’s stylish striker Dimitar Berbatov, who has publicly expressed desire to leave, on loan after they failed to capture Liverpool striker Andy Carroll.
Berbatov has made open his desperation to quit the Reds in search of regular first-team football next season, but United have taken out an option to extend his contract by another 12 months in the hope of landing a fee for the striker of around five million pounds.
The East Londoners want to hand Berbatov a chance to return to London, where he made his name with Tottenham Hotspurs, on loan, at least initially, whereas the deposed champions are looking for a sale.
Berbatov took to Facebook at the weekend to make clear he`d rather cut his losses than stay on the bench for another season at Old Trafford, The Mirror reports.
Signed for 30 million pounds from Spurs four years ago, Berbatov hit 14 goals in his first season at United, 12 in the second season and 20 in the third season, during which he also won the Golden Boot along Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union