Whatever Klopp says is God`s word: Subotic
Dortmund: Neven Subotic has lavished praise on the coaching methods of Jurgen Klopp following Borussia Dortmund`s 4-1 Champions League semi-final victory over Real Madrid, suggesting the coach speaks "the word of God".
The recently-dethroned Bundesliga champions reigned supreme at Signal Iduna Park on Wednesday - headed by the exploits of four-goal hero Robert Lewandowski - but the Serbian defender believes their boss was ultimately the catalyst behind the triumph.
"He has a game plan and it works. We`re all behind his game plan. Whatever he says is God`s word and we believe in him and he believes in us," the defender told Sky Sports.
"That`s how this team was formed and that`s how this team has become successful."
Subotic then commended his team-mates for showing great willingness to win back possession and putting the Blancos under constant siege, but accused clubs in La Liga of showing too much respect to their European opponents.
"Our fighting [was our biggest strength]. The second balls were decisive. As soon as we lost the ball, we got it back I think [Madrid] are not used to that in the Spanish league," the ex-Mainz man added.
"They are shown so much respect and get as much time as they want. But today, we just limited their time. We were superb and I don`t think that anybody really expected it to be the way it was.
"I think we dominated and played the way we wanted. Madrid also had a good game but we didn`t let them get to our goal.
"I think they were definitely planning on making more chances up top, but for a long period of time, the game was dominated by us."
The 24-year-old also urged Dortmund to approach the return fixture in the Spanish capital with caution and refused to comment on Bayern Munich`s similar success over Barcelona in the other Champions League semi-final.
"We`re professionals, it`s half-time [in the tie] right now, we can lose everyhing in the second leg, so we have to stay focused," Subotic explained.
"Also with the result today - and with the way we played - I`m confident that if we play the same way again in Madrid, we`re going to get a draw and progress to the finals.
"We didn`t get anything from [Bayern`s performance against Barca] . They could have lost 4-0, I think it was 4-0, right?, and it wouldn`t have changed anything for us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP