Who would turn down Rooney: Wenger
London: The Frenchman suggests that any manager in football would want to sign the 27-year-old and also understands the problems surrounding Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitting his interest in signing want-away Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.
Rooney asked to leave United at the end of last season who is believed to be desperate to leave Old Trafford this summer.
The Gunners have been monitoring the situation regarding the England man, with Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain also interested and Wenger has talked up the possibility of a move.
"Rooney could be an interesting player for everybody in the world, who would turn him down?" he told Al Jazeera.
"David Moyes` first challenge is to go in to Manchester and bridge the gap between him and Rooney. If that is feasible or not depends on his personality and if Rooney bears a grudge or not, we will see.
"It will be interesting to see how that will be handled."
Arsenal are expected to have around €80 million to spend on transfers this summer, with the club set to agree a new kit deal with Puma.
According to reports on Sunday, however, PSG are willing to offer Rooney €350,000 per week after tax in order to lure him to Parc des Prince.
Wenger also discussed former charge Cesc Fabregas, who has been linked with a move to the Red Devils following a campaign in which he has struggled to nail down a place in the Barcelona first team.
"I think at the moment he`s lacking the confidence of being a regular player," he added. "Recently he has not been that.
"Cesc is such a passionate player, a player of such quality, that it must hurt him not to play in every single game. That`s what he misses. When you come in and out you never play with full confidence."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'