Wilshere backs `confident` Arsenal to end wait of winning trophies this year
London: Arsenal player Jack Wilshere has said that the club has gone too long without winning a trophy and insists that his team must put it right this season.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Gunners have not claimed silverware in over eight years, and the pressure is on Arsene Wenger and his side to deliver.
However, after a great start to the season and the addition of 42.5million pound Mesut Ozil on transfer deadline day, Wilshere believes this year will finally be their year, the report said.
He said that the players know it is time they did something and it is their job to concentrate on what they are doing, trying to win something.
Wenger has already backed his side to battle for the title, with Arsenal currently top of the table and playing well, but that brings with it a new type of pressure, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video