Wilshere backs `confident` Arsenal to end wait of winning trophies this year
London: Arsenal player Jack Wilshere has said that the club has gone too long without winning a trophy and insists that his team must put it right this season.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Gunners have not claimed silverware in over eight years, and the pressure is on Arsene Wenger and his side to deliver.
However, after a great start to the season and the addition of 42.5million pound Mesut Ozil on transfer deadline day, Wilshere believes this year will finally be their year, the report said.
He said that the players know it is time they did something and it is their job to concentrate on what they are doing, trying to win something.
Wenger has already backed his side to battle for the title, with Arsenal currently top of the table and playing well, but that brings with it a new type of pressure, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'