Wilshere backs `confident` Arsenal to end wait of winning trophies this year
London: Arsenal player Jack Wilshere has said that the club has gone too long without winning a trophy and insists that his team must put it right this season.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Gunners have not claimed silverware in over eight years, and the pressure is on Arsene Wenger and his side to deliver.
However, after a great start to the season and the addition of 42.5million pound Mesut Ozil on transfer deadline day, Wilshere believes this year will finally be their year, the report said.
He said that the players know it is time they did something and it is their job to concentrate on what they are doing, trying to win something.
Wenger has already backed his side to battle for the title, with Arsenal currently top of the table and playing well, but that brings with it a new type of pressure, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating