Wilshere in charity challenge to rivals Spurs
London: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will donate 3,000 pounds to charity if his team finish lower than arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League at the end of the season.
Spurs, who have not finished above their north London neighbours since 1993, moved into third position by beating Aston Villa 2-0 at White Hart Lane on Monday and are four places above Arsenal and three points better off with a game in hand.
"All Spurs fans are buzzing they are ahead of us in the league," England international Wilshere said on his Twitter feed. "It`s a marathon, not a sprint.
"At the end of the season if Spurs finish above Arsenal I will give 3,000 pounds to charity and if Arsenal finish above Spurs every Spurs fan that follows me must send me a pound which I will send to charity."
Wilshere has yet to play for Arsenal this season following ankle surgery but hopes to return in the New Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant