Wim Koevermans names India squad for SAFF Championship
New Delhi: National Football coach Wim Koevermans on Monday announced the 20-member Indian squad for the upcoming SAFF Championship which is scheduled to be held in Nepal from August 31 to September 11.
The Indian National Team, which will open its campaign against Pakistan on September 1, will leaves for Kathmandu on Tuesday.
It is only be the second time since 1997 that Nepal will be hosting the tournament, where eight teams will fight it out for the coveted title.
India has been clubbed alongwith Pakistan, Bangladesh and hosts Nepal in Group A, while Group B comprises Afghanistan, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Bhutan.
Goalkeepers: Subrata Paul, Karanjit Singh, Sandip Nandy.
Defenders: Nirmal Chettri, Arnab Mondal, Gouramangi Singh, Raju Gaikwad, Sandesh Jhingan, Mohanraj Nalappan.
Midfielders: Syed Rahim Nabi, Mehtab Hossain, Arata Izumi, Lenny Rodriguez, Alwyn George, Jewel Raja Shaikh, Francis Fernandes.
Forwards: Sunil Chhetri, Robin Singh, Dawson Fernandes, Jeje Lalpekhlua.
Head Coach: Wim Koevermans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss