Wim Koevermans names India squad for SAFF Championship
New Delhi: National Football coach Wim Koevermans on Monday announced the 20-member Indian squad for the upcoming SAFF Championship which is scheduled to be held in Nepal from August 31 to September 11.
The Indian National Team, which will open its campaign against Pakistan on September 1, will leaves for Kathmandu on Tuesday.
It is only be the second time since 1997 that Nepal will be hosting the tournament, where eight teams will fight it out for the coveted title.
India has been clubbed alongwith Pakistan, Bangladesh and hosts Nepal in Group A, while Group B comprises Afghanistan, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Bhutan.
Goalkeepers: Subrata Paul, Karanjit Singh, Sandip Nandy.
Defenders: Nirmal Chettri, Arnab Mondal, Gouramangi Singh, Raju Gaikwad, Sandesh Jhingan, Mohanraj Nalappan.
Midfielders: Syed Rahim Nabi, Mehtab Hossain, Arata Izumi, Lenny Rodriguez, Alwyn George, Jewel Raja Shaikh, Francis Fernandes.
Forwards: Sunil Chhetri, Robin Singh, Dawson Fernandes, Jeje Lalpekhlua.
Head Coach: Wim Koevermans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars