Winning is all that matters for Inter, says Diego Milito
Rome: Diego Milito has voiced his delight at Inter`s 2-0 Serie A win over Torino on Sunday evening, and stressed that it is all about winning for him.
The 33-year-old was one of his side`s best performers as he netted the opening goal and played a role in the Nerazzurri`s second as well, but he has insisted that he`s not interested in individual glory.
"I`m happy about the win first and foremost. I always say the most important thing is getting the three points. Then if I also happen to get on the score sheet, that is great as well," Milito stated to Inter Channel.
Head coach Andrea Stramaccioni has stressed more than once that Milito is a key player for Inter, and the Argentine is very pleased with the faith shown in him.
"I`ve said this a lot of times, that I am grateful to him and the club as a whole, as they have always believed in me and they keep counting on me at the age of 33," he enthused.
"I feel I have a lot of responsibility because I have to do well out on the pitch. Sometimes you succeed, sometimes you don`t, the main thing is that you never stop striving to improve."
Milito has netted two goals in three Serie A outings this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’