Wolfsburg eye Arsenal`s Rosicky, Bayern`s Olic
Berlin: VfL Wolfsburg are interested in signing Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky and Bayern Munich forward Ivica Olic as they seek to turn their season around after the winter break, coach Felix Magath said on Wednesday.
Magath, who led Wolfsburg to their first Bundesliga title in 2009, has had a far less successful second stint after joining late last season.
Wolfsburg, who avoided relegation on the last matchday, are currently in 14th place, two points above the drop zone.
"(Tomas) is a good player, he is fit no question about it," said Magath about the 31-year-old Czech midfielder who has had numerous injury problems in recent seasons. "Only a few years ago every top club was after him," he told a daily.
Olic, 32, has repeatedly said he is unhappy to be playing second fiddle to Bundesliga top scorer Mario Gomez and was eager to move ahead of Croatia`s appearance at the European Championships in June.
"(Olic) could fit. As I have understood it, he has said he wants to move. In the summer he will play at the Euros which will be his last big tournament and until then he wants to play," Magath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'