Wolfsburg eye Arsenal`s Rosicky, Bayern`s Olic
Berlin: VfL Wolfsburg are interested in signing Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky and Bayern Munich forward Ivica Olic as they seek to turn their season around after the winter break, coach Felix Magath said on Wednesday.
Magath, who led Wolfsburg to their first Bundesliga title in 2009, has had a far less successful second stint after joining late last season.
Wolfsburg, who avoided relegation on the last matchday, are currently in 14th place, two points above the drop zone.
"(Tomas) is a good player, he is fit no question about it," said Magath about the 31-year-old Czech midfielder who has had numerous injury problems in recent seasons. "Only a few years ago every top club was after him," he told a daily.
Olic, 32, has repeatedly said he is unhappy to be playing second fiddle to Bundesliga top scorer Mario Gomez and was eager to move ahead of Croatia`s appearance at the European Championships in June.
"(Olic) could fit. As I have understood it, he has said he wants to move. In the summer he will play at the Euros which will be his last big tournament and until then he wants to play," Magath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok