Wolfsburg eye Arsenal`s Rosicky, Bayern`s Olic
Berlin: VfL Wolfsburg are interested in signing Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky and Bayern Munich forward Ivica Olic as they seek to turn their season around after the winter break, coach Felix Magath said on Wednesday.
Magath, who led Wolfsburg to their first Bundesliga title in 2009, has had a far less successful second stint after joining late last season.
Wolfsburg, who avoided relegation on the last matchday, are currently in 14th place, two points above the drop zone.
"(Tomas) is a good player, he is fit no question about it," said Magath about the 31-year-old Czech midfielder who has had numerous injury problems in recent seasons. "Only a few years ago every top club was after him," he told a daily.
Olic, 32, has repeatedly said he is unhappy to be playing second fiddle to Bundesliga top scorer Mario Gomez and was eager to move ahead of Croatia`s appearance at the European Championships in June.
"(Olic) could fit. As I have understood it, he has said he wants to move. In the summer he will play at the Euros which will be his last big tournament and until then he wants to play," Magath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials