Wolfsburg eye Arsenal`s Rosicky, Bayern`s Olic
Berlin: VfL Wolfsburg are interested in signing Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky and Bayern Munich forward Ivica Olic as they seek to turn their season around after the winter break, coach Felix Magath said on Wednesday.
Magath, who led Wolfsburg to their first Bundesliga title in 2009, has had a far less successful second stint after joining late last season.
Wolfsburg, who avoided relegation on the last matchday, are currently in 14th place, two points above the drop zone.
"(Tomas) is a good player, he is fit no question about it," said Magath about the 31-year-old Czech midfielder who has had numerous injury problems in recent seasons. "Only a few years ago every top club was after him," he told a daily.
Olic, 32, has repeatedly said he is unhappy to be playing second fiddle to Bundesliga top scorer Mario Gomez and was eager to move ahead of Croatia`s appearance at the European Championships in June.
"(Olic) could fit. As I have understood it, he has said he wants to move. In the summer he will play at the Euros which will be his last big tournament and until then he wants to play," Magath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping