Worker dies in fall at 2018 World Cup stadium
Moscow: A construction worker has fallen to his death at the site of a 2018 World Cup stadium, Russia`s Investigative Committee said.
The 43,000-capacity Spartak Moscow arena was one of 12 stadiums awarded matches in an announcement by FIFA and Russian organisers Saturday.
"A pre-investigation check is under way into the death of a worker who fell from a height at the Spartak stadium building site in Tushino," the Investigative Committee said Friday.
The man was a 48-year-old steel worker from Russia`s central Saratov region, the statement said, adding that he died at the scene.
The arena in northwest Moscow is scheduled to be completed by 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi