Worker dies in fall at 2018 World Cup stadium
Moscow: A construction worker has fallen to his death at the site of a 2018 World Cup stadium, Russia`s Investigative Committee said.
The 43,000-capacity Spartak Moscow arena was one of 12 stadiums awarded matches in an announcement by FIFA and Russian organisers Saturday.
"A pre-investigation check is under way into the death of a worker who fell from a height at the Spartak stadium building site in Tushino," the Investigative Committee said Friday.
The man was a 48-year-old steel worker from Russia`s central Saratov region, the statement said, adding that he died at the scene.
The arena in northwest Moscow is scheduled to be completed by 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- China supplying nuclear weapons system to Pakistan, poses threat to US, India
- Xiaomi Mi Drone to be launched today; check out teaser video
- US to seek death penalty against accused South Carolina church shooter
- These pretty Bollywood ‘mermaids’ sizzled in the pristine beaches of Goa – Pics inside
- Newly elected AIADMK MLA SM Seenivel passes away, hours before oath-taking ceremony