Worker dies in fall at 2018 World Cup stadium
Moscow: A construction worker has fallen to his death at the site of a 2018 World Cup stadium, Russia`s Investigative Committee said.
The 43,000-capacity Spartak Moscow arena was one of 12 stadiums awarded matches in an announcement by FIFA and Russian organisers Saturday.
"A pre-investigation check is under way into the death of a worker who fell from a height at the Spartak stadium building site in Tushino," the Investigative Committee said Friday.
The man was a 48-year-old steel worker from Russia`s central Saratov region, the statement said, adding that he died at the scene.
The arena in northwest Moscow is scheduled to be completed by 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa