Barca agrees to meet Liverpool`s release clause in Suarez`s contract
London: Spanish giants Barcelona have informed Liverpool that they would meet the release clause in striker Luis Suarez`s contract
Suarez`s contract is understood to be about 75 million pounds and Liverpool is not prepared to sell the banned Uruguay star for less.
According to the BBC, after `productive` talks with Barcelona this week, Liverpool is trying to establish if Chile forward Alexis Sanchez would move in part-exchange.
Suarez is serving a four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini `s shoulder during Uruguay`s 1-0 win over Italy in the World Cup group stage.
Barcelona is reportedly willing to include Sanchez as part of the deal, but if the Chile forward decides to stay, Liverpool is prepared to sell Suarez, who still has four years remaining on his contract at Anfield, in a straight deal.
Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre reportedly spent much of Wednesday in discussions with senior Barcelona officials in London.
A senior Liverpool source revealed that the talks held were productive, adding that there are sensible expectations on both sides and further talks and discussions would take place but no deal has yet been finalised.
Barcelona club president Josep Maria Bartomeu said that this year they are going to restructure the team in depth and are working on that, adding that Suarez is a great player, a global star and the Spanish giants want him to play as well as he is playing up to now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray