Barca agrees to meet Liverpool`s release clause in Suarez`s contract
London: Spanish giants Barcelona have informed Liverpool that they would meet the release clause in striker Luis Suarez`s contract
Suarez`s contract is understood to be about 75 million pounds and Liverpool is not prepared to sell the banned Uruguay star for less.
According to the BBC, after `productive` talks with Barcelona this week, Liverpool is trying to establish if Chile forward Alexis Sanchez would move in part-exchange.
Suarez is serving a four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini `s shoulder during Uruguay`s 1-0 win over Italy in the World Cup group stage.
Barcelona is reportedly willing to include Sanchez as part of the deal, but if the Chile forward decides to stay, Liverpool is prepared to sell Suarez, who still has four years remaining on his contract at Anfield, in a straight deal.
Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre reportedly spent much of Wednesday in discussions with senior Barcelona officials in London.
A senior Liverpool source revealed that the talks held were productive, adding that there are sensible expectations on both sides and further talks and discussions would take place but no deal has yet been finalised.
Barcelona club president Josep Maria Bartomeu said that this year they are going to restructure the team in depth and are working on that, adding that Suarez is a great player, a global star and the Spanish giants want him to play as well as he is playing up to now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'